Main Office Number: 360-895-7889
Emergency After Hours: 360-443-2516
Community and Family Services Foundation (CFSF) is a Child Placing Agency (CPA) that was founded on the belief that foster parents are the most significant factor for children placed in care. Our agency is designed to support, encourage and partner with you.
CFSF recognizes foster parenting is a high calling to care for the most vulnerable children in our society.
CFSF believes every family is unique and skilled to care for children God has put on your heart and we will work tirelessly to only make placements you desire. We will not knowingly ask you to go outside your comfort zone. A good placement is one that works for both you and the child placed with you.
CFSF has three convictions that drive our relationship with you:
1. We believe that during a child’s out-of-home care, foster parents are the most important individuals in the healing process. .
– Foster children come into care damaged from abuse or neglect. Children in care have many professionals that will help them with education, mental health issues, court issues, visitation/reunification, etc. You as foster parent occupy a special position. You are 24/7 with children to encourage, love and support them. The amount of quality time you will have will make a lasting difference.
2. Foster families need to function as a family and not a sterile environment.
– As you know it is a real chore getting licensed. Good Job! Now it is important for you to bring normalcy to the children in your care. In other words, functioning as your family would normally function. Making foster children feel they are part of a family that “works”. You may have special responsibilities with the children you are caring for, but please be sure you stay plugged into the community you had prior to becoming a foster parent. If you are involved in 4-H, stay involved. If you are involved with your church, stay involved. If your extended family is a big part of your life, don’t change it. Foster children don’t need to become a new focus, they need to be invited into your family.
3. CFSF staff want to help you with the children placed in your care.
– With this said, we want you to solve problems within the family when at all possible. We believe this approach is best for you and the children in your care. It does not mean you should avoid calling for help when, in fact, we welcome your calls. Our hope is that when you call we will help problem solve with natural solutions rather than running out to become part of the process. It all goes back to our belief that foster parents and families hold the key to saving children. If we can help you work through issues within the family, children will find healing and your home life will remain family focused.
I thank God every day for this job. I am excited to see children reunited with family or adopted into a new family. Foster parents truly do hold the keys to the hearts and minds of our society’s most vulnerable children.
© 2018 · Community & Family Services Foundation